Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: While I haven't heard a multi-channel system..

I have been trying for the last 30 years or so improving my 2-channel system regarding soundstage and 3-d capability. This by switching gear och modifying the system. I think that I have succeeded somewhat. There were minor steps towards the goal. Then came multichannel systems and in a quantum leap my goals were achieved. So when listening to records in 2 channel where I have the multichannel versions (SACD) to compare whith it is not listenable. I do though listen to cd´s and vinyl still but never for example Pink Floyds “Dark side of the moon” or “Love and Theft” by Bob Dylan. Its gives me nearly nothing.

To achieve this goal of mine it craves much work by settings levels, aligning speakers and so on. I have built my own speakers and can alter filtersetting and soforth at wish. There are as you mentioned several more components to experiment with. But you will be higly rewarded when you succeed.

I am now experimenting whith 11 speakers and it´s getting better all the time and as I wrote before it will need much experimenting and work to achieve the goal I have set up and multichannel has taking it far closer.

I do think that the 2-channel community is very conservative. I was one of them. Some have invested much money on their system and therefore will not and can not go multichannel. But is the goal as mine I don´t understand it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.