Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

But check out an even more interesting approach-See diagram

Yeah, my reckless tilt, if I were to have one, would be in favor of two-channel reproduction. But in spite of any handicap that may exist against multi-channel it, nonetheless, almost always prevails when directly compared to two-channel.

But what is really interesting is Michael Bishop’s recommended multi-channel set up. See link below. You might recall when Mr. Bishop caused quite a stir in this forum 9 months to a year ago, with this recommendation that deviates quite a bit from ITU rear speaker placement guidelines.

My set-up follows the accompanying diagram (see link) for the front three speakers. My surround speakers are more on the â€"wings” of the circle while Mr. Bishop’s recommendation calls for more rear placement of the surrounds.

I plan to experiment with the Bishop approach since I can far more readily accommodate the rear channel set-up that his diagram shows. It was really difficult for me to accommodate the surrounds at the optimum 110 degrees. I am currently at about 120 degrees (still within the ITU recommendations).

Robert C. Lang

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Upscale Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.