Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Too bad you have not heard how well the best Adcom's sound,

especially the 555II's "smooth" and "warm" bass with the light delicacy and detail in the high frequencies, best Amp I have ever owned! Why do you think I kept it for 14 years?

The only format I have heard hard strident sound on CDs. LPs, Reel to Reels, Cassettes never sound strident. And only SACDs and DVD-Audios from low resolution PCM have hard strident sound. SACDs from PURE DSD and Analog masters sound very smooth and detailed.

Didn't you give up on dual layer SACDs since they didn't sound right?
No because of TOC reading errors, when I play an SACD I want to play the SACD layer, not the CD layer and not be able to play the disc at all. It was all due to frustration.

Listen to great original Adcom GFA-555II with an excellent pre-amp and speakers and you will be shocked how realistic your system will sound!

The reason a power amp has to be stable down to 1 ohm for the Infintiy Reference Kappa's 7 is if it is not the amp will overheat and could become unstable.

"Music is love"
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Too bad you have not heard how well the best Adcom's sound, - Teresa 15:31:08 03/08/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.