Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: SACD vs. Redbook

Dave:

I fully agree with you about a great modified CD player's ability to hang with, and in many cases, better even the best vinyl on many points. At some point, however, the fundamental differences between digital and analog playback will lead most audiophiles to prefer one or the other--I greatly prefer digital--so I think it ultimately comes down to preference. That said, I've had exposure to some of the best turntables out there. I've owned a tricked-out LP12, SME 20 and 30, and Kuzma, among others. I've heard the Continuum, Rockport Sirius II and III, Walker Proscenium, Brinkmann Balance, and a few other uber-tables at various people's homes over the years, and, granted you can't make an apples-to-apples comparison because the systems were all so different from mine, but I'm hearing sound that I think is pretty special and can easily compete with the best vinyl setups out there. Of course, saying that here is tantamount to heresy and deserves a good burning! :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: SACD vs. Redbook - Quint 12:12:12 03/08/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.