Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: I'd ask you to re-read both our posts with care.

Please reread all our posts as often and as carefully as you want--especially the one about barfing. Take your own lecture to me about heeding my "voice" to heart. Just think how much better (and closer to topic) this thread could have been if you had responded to my original post as others did: with critical or constuctive arguments instead of attacking me. That's called an exchange of ideas instead of a flurry of insults.

I maintain that all my friends who know anything about classical music and recordings would have at least smiled at my comments, then presented a respectful or possibly humorous, maybe even sarcastic response to them. No one I know would have been nauseated by them or feigned gagging. I couldn't care less about eye-rolling or name-calling--I've rolled plenty of eyes before, and many of my friends think I'm a dork anyway just for listening to and caring about classical music.

It appears that no one else here was upset in the least by my style, either. What my original post did for everyone else was to stimulate a discussion regarding the performing merits of JF and Pentatone's recordings of her (and others). You were the only person to attempt to belittle my comments and me personally, and you did it quite sophomorically. Twice. Apology accepted. I apologize for calling you sour and humorless. Truce by silence.

I do respect your contrary opinion regarding HH's and JF's tone. Being a string player yourself, you are certainly better informed to make a judgment. I heard Ms Hahn last year with my local symphony, and I thought she was just okay. Many thought the piece she played was a very poor choice: one of Paganini's concertos. Although technically challenging, it was absolute fluff and thoroughly boring. I did NOT give her a standing ovation. Just heard Zukerman a few weeks ago--now there's a sweet tone. He played and conducted a Bach concerto and conducted Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 4. Altogether an excellent show, and for that I stood and applauded quite enthusiastically.

Peace,
Tom E

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I'd ask you to re-read both our posts with care. - madisonears 12:30:34 03/03/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.