Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: What happened to the fellow at Tampa Service

Jim really was great. As I write this, I am in my office listening to my SACD 1000. I listen to it every day for 6 - 8 hours with a variety of CDs and SACDs. This has been my routine for 3 years now.

One thing that gets lost about the Tampa facilty is that they actually cared about their customers. When the facility was closing down, they really pushed to get all of the SACD 1000's fixed that they could. They knew they getting shut down, but they kept their standards very high instead of coasting or getting down about losing their jobs. I hope that Jim landed on his feet somewhere.

My personal unit came back with much better CD sound. There was always a bit of haze on the highs that let some of the details get lost. I ended up buying a Marantz 8260 because it sounded better on CDs. It was easy to compare the 2 and hear the superiority of the Marantz. When the SACD 1000 came back from Tampa it was as good as the Marantz in the highs and details but still had that amazing SACD 1000 bottom end. I don't know what they changed in the CD data path, but it really did pull a veil off the highs.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.