Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

What's wrong with having a heroine?

You certainly have a sour and humorless attitude. When a new talent bursts upon the scene and produces a string of remarkable recordings right out of the gate, I think it deserves proper recognition, even celebration. I apologize if my enthusiasm and whimsical attempt to stimulate discussion offended your snobbish sense of propriety.

There are other posts here, by people more interested in discussing this topic rather than criticising contributors, that make comparisons of Fischer's skills to Grumiaux and other renowned artists. I think that speaks volumes about what she has already accomplished, and she's only 21. I know she has a long way to go and a lot to prove (and, I hope, improve). Yes, you might say this youngster is my heroine, but I certainly don't worship her. I worship Beethoven and Brahms.

My other heroes are the Pentatone executives who were smart enough to recognize her talent and make a huge gamble on it. In these days of multiple releases of uninspiring dreck poorly recorded by middling talents and reissues of ancient and sometimes incomprehensibly revered classics (Why? Because it's cheap, that's why!), the management at Pentatone and their artists deserve our thanks and our money for giving us the opportunity to hear something vibrant and fresh with truly remarkable sonics. It's the happiest of coincidences (probably not really witchcraft) that at least some of these new releases feature the ingenue Ms Fischer, and they're all very, very good. Obviously, everyone involved in these recordings is doing their utmost to give us lasting value and pleasure, and they deserve to be praised for that. A record company that cares about its product and its customers? How unique! Pardon me for bringing it to your attention.

It's too bad that you don't use this forum as an opportunity to offer something positive or informative to its participants. In your posts on this topic, mostly what you've done so far is disparage the style of my post and insult me. Perhaps you should stick to the topic and stow your condescending personal attacks.

Peace,
Tom E

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.