Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

We have to make the most of the hand we are dealt

Sure, I wish that all SACDs, and reaching higher, all new recordings period were DSD multi-channel SACDs. I believe you've made it known that you wish all new recordings were vinyl. But neither of us will get our wish in the near future, more than likely never ever.

So, we have to make the most of the hand we are dealt. I say this to you in all honesty, the Golden Age, for me, with respect to the quality of music reproduction in my home, is right now. Not 25 years ago, not 10 years ago, not with vinyl, CDs, or two-channel SACDs, but right now, today. The best recorded music I have ever experienced is sourced with multi-channel SACDs, whether they are PCM or DSD. Might there be better? Sure, but I have not heard it. And I'm always auditioning. True I am about to spring for a new turntable set up, which will certainly improve the quality of my vinyl. But it will come no way near the reproduction quality I'm experiencing with nearly all my multi-channel SACDs.

I have learned in the last nearly two years that the trump card is not DSD, but instead is SACD multi-channel.

Robert C. Lang

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • We have to make the most of the hand we are dealt - Robert C. Lang 16:58:13 02/27/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.