Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I have never hated SACD, I just decided not to collect them because of hybrid playback problems.

On my website you can read where SACD is the finest Digital has yet offered. However Analog is still better. But Telarc doesn't release LPs or Reel to Reel tapes so if I wanted to hear them again I had to have a DVD player that played SACDs.

I still do not trust hybrid SACDs and my collection will likely remain small.

Here is just one example of why I value Paavo Jarvi’s conducting so highly, Three versions of Dvorak’s New World Symphony:

1. Kertesz, London Symphony Orchestra (4 Track 7½ IPS Stereo RTR) London / Ampex K-80195 - Superb sound, beautiful and warm and an excellent performance as well.

2. Toscanini, NBC Symphony Orchestra (Stereo LP) Franklin Mint Record Society 2 - Sound not bad for Mono, a very good performance.

3. Paavo Jarvi, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra (SACD) Telarc 60615 - In my opinion the absolute finest performance I have ever heard of this work and I have heard about 30 versions! And the sound is very spectacular with excellent bass, not as analog sounding as the very analog Kertesz on Reel to Reel.

So the Kertesz 7 ½ IPS Reel to Reel has the finest sonics and the Jarvi Telarc SACD by far the best performance.

And this is not an isolated incidence; nearly every single Jarvi performance beats every other version recorded in the last 50 years! And the sound quality is also of very high quality!

As I have said before he will be considered one of the finest conductors of the 21st century! He puts his personal touch on every thing he conducts just the same as giants of yesteryear such as Fritz Reiner. There is no mistaking a Fritz Reiner performance and there is no mistaking a Paavo Jarvi performance.

Like I said if not for Erich Kunzel and Paavo Jarvi I would have no need for SACD or CD playback on my DVD player as all the other artists I love as available on LP, Cassette and Reel to Reel.

"Music is love"
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I have never hated SACD, I just decided not to collect them because of hybrid playback problems. - Teresa 21:46:58 02/14/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.