Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Rickie Lee Jones revisited

I made a post or two earlier expressing my disappointment regarding the new Jones SACD, especially since, based on some of her finely recorded redbook CD's, I had had high hopes for this release. Metralla and DUI also cited her debut album "Rickie Lee Jones" and "Pirates" a sonically superior efforts. Well, since I hadn't heard these two records, I went out and got 'em. They are both fine recordings, but, just in case anyone is still interested, they don't compare sonically to either "Pop Pop" or "Naked Songs." PP is a better studio effort that either of the former, and "Naked Songs," a live recording, is the best of the bunch, with superbly focused vocals and vivid, though amplified, acoustic guitar. PP and NS are, at least on my system, demo quality. The other two, though quite good, don't quite measure up.

I only mention this to assuage the pain of others who may be looking for superior Jones recordings, and may have been disappointed by the new SACD.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Rickie Lee Jones revisited - halfnote 21:46:52 02/14/07 (6)

You can not post to an archived thread.