Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

You've made some good points

It seems to me that people who are familiar with the sound of "live" unamplified music prefer SACD the most. Conversely, for those unfamiliar with live music, CD is their musical reference and SACD does not sound as bright and garish as they are used to...too smooth in their opinion.

To me SACD sounds closer to live music than CD ever has. SACD sounds organic and natural and real. CD sounds like an approximation of live music. If you listen closely (with live music as a reference) CD sounds brighter, cruder, flatter...more like a cartoon of a live musical event whereas SACD sounds like a "photograph," its realism is just much closer to that of the subject.

Anyway, I know exactly what you mean about high frequency noises. They bug the hell out of me too. Even as I type these words, I can hear the high frequency buzzing of my computer monitor and that of the television, which is on right now (tuned to a classical music tv station). No one else in the house seems to know that the TV is still on even when the screen goes black.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • You've made some good points - layman 17:36:05 12/02/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.