Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Don't do it!

Electronic room correction is (IMO & IME) a fake because you cannot "correct' a room by anything other than *actually* correcting the room.

Bass traps, absorbers, diffussers etc all can help correct a room's actual problems - as can optimum speaker placement. Nothing in the electronic chain can do that.

What they can do is flatten the frequency response at the sitting postion - but that doesn't touch actual room resonances, colouraions etc. And the penalty they extract for this wonderwork is to add so much extra electronics to the signal path that the whole sonic quality is downgraded - if you have a great hi-resolution system to start with.

Don't worry too much about the 24/96 aspect - as this isn't their weakest point - from SACD you will have to feed a analog signal into such a box - which will have opamps there before the A-D and subsequent digital processing, and a DAC and more opamps to convert it back to analog.

Right now I am working to pull ALL opamps from every player that passes through my hands - as an almost religious act - so I shudder at the though of adding more. And the better the following amps and speakers - the more apparent the damage is from such extra processing.

I think you get my own, very personal point...

KISS rules!

Allen

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.