Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Time to move on.....

Yeah, it's easy to dismiss Tower as just some other corporate entity (I agree with you that they got greedy). And it's easy for people that are fortunate enough to have good indie record stores in their community to say good riddance. But, Tower wasn't always a corporate puppet (it became one after Russ Solomon let go of the reins). Some of the communities Tower is leaving are left with nothing but Wal Mart, Best Buy and Target (let's see how much deep catalogue, Jazz and Classical you find in these cultural wastelands). Sure, there is the internet where great deals can be found and everything is available. But for me, online shopping pales in comparison with spending a couple of hours browsing in a well stocked store with knowledgeable staff. It's as much a social experience as a shopping trip. Fortunately, I have an Amoeba Music a couple of miles from me (which is actually as expensive as Tower for new CD's) to fulfill my music shopping needs, but I do think Tower will be sorely missed in less metropolitan areas.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.