Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

please forgive us

Tower was a business and like any other I suppose they were not saints. But There were plenty of good deals to be had during their departmental sales, label sales, and semi annual storewide clearance sales. There was also a sense of community I and others will miss. It might be a conversation you strike up with a fellow jazz shopper about the different musicians you like, and maybe suggest something to each other. Or maybe talking about how we each felt about Coltrane's later period with the guy who worked there and had a jazz show on public radio. Or maybe it was the guy in the blues department who turned me on to Lightning Hopkins. Or when Suzanne Vega gave a free in store concert (true it was to promote her new release, but no one was holding a gun to your head). It was this sense of community a good record store provides and something some of us will miss and may feel sad about. So please forgive us for prefering it. It was something I'll take over a cold mechanical download any day of the week.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.