Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

No - I am not B/sing!!! Detailed explanation

Like I said in my first post: It may seem strange, but this really happens!

Maybe, I should tell a bit more about the birds' behaviour:
usually, when I do play music from LP or CD, nothing special happens. With most classical and some pop-music, they start some sort of "tweeting", as if they "join in" on the music. It's the same kind of "tweeting" / "chirping" they do, when they are very relaxed, sitting very close together (like cuddling) and one starts to fall asleep slowly. At home, we do call that "they tell each other good night stories" - it's a really cute behaviour, obviously some kind of "relaxed" communication with - compared to other communication- very soft, but high-pitched chirping. I guess, in the music, some (also for our ears) audible high-frequency content triggers that behaviour (could be, that they hear something in the music, that resembles that special chirping and give an answer). I especially noticed that with classical music with strong string content and some pop-music with a lot of cymbals and hi-hats. So, this behaviour seems to have to do something with high and audible frequencies.

The "nervous" behaviour with SACDs I notice is not related to any kind of special music - at least, I can see no pattern. But it seemed obvious to me, that - as soon as I play SACDs - they "wake up" (actually really do wake up, when they are asleep - they would not wake up when playing CDs and LPs at normal listening levels!) and start really nervously hop around in the cage... they seem not to like something.

So, counting two and two together my question (not a conclusion yet!) was, whether there is any difference between a CD/LP and a SACD, that could trigger that different kind of behaviour. My only explanation at that stage was, that maybe there is some kind of even higher frequency content, that I cannot hear, but triggers that. Maybe some sort of SACD-inherent ultrasonic? As I said, it's just a question and may seem strange, but I want to find out, what that could be...

I hope, now you are not thinking anymore, I am B/sing. I will do some search on ultrasonic in the forum.

Joerg

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.