Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Abe is right....

I think i know the sound you guys mean.... i CAN hear this, but i have to be about 1ft or less away form my Speakers to hear it... What i am hearing is a tizz with the highs on SACD only... almost like a blown tweeter...

This is there/not there depending on Source material... On the Opus3 Showcase SACD (one of the first i bought) it is there about half of the time. On JT Hourglass or October Road it is there more often than not...

I have a feeling that it is the 5900 doig this... DVD, DVD-A, HDCD, Redbook do NOT have this happening... regardless of the filter setting. I should be getting some Spendor S5E next week and will be able to tell if speaker sensitivity has an affect on the problem. It's almost like gate noise on the high-end... I recently sent back the 5900 for repair because it started having issues with playback. They did an awesome job. Not only will it play-back everything i toss at it, but the detail/air has increased A LOT! I will try to break it in further to see/hear if the problem goes away or not.

Sam

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Abe is right.... - Sam M 09:59:26 12/30/04 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.