Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Time for Universal Player (Special Requirement for Video)

After 2 years I'm in the home stretch in building a multi-channel system. I just received my custom built multi-channel passive line stage from Placette. I have acquired all my speakers. And I have just secured two Musical Fidelity M250 monoblocs from EBay (my first EBay transaction) that rounds out all of my amplification needs.

Now I need the universal player. Make no mistake I am building a system with a strong emphasis on SACD but I am looking to the future that will include video and DVD-A. My special requirement for video stems from the fact that the plasma (or LCD) screen when purchased down the road will require about a 20 ft. cable run from the universal player. I do not want to run three 20' component cables (for esthetics and video quality reasons) or even a single y/c cable (for video quality reasons). In my professional video editing suite I make use of SDI which can carry high quality video over long distances without signal loss and using just a single cable. Is something like this (or the equivalent) applicable with some universal players. Or am I approaching the problem entirely the wrong way?

Robert C. Lang

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Time for Universal Player (Special Requirement for Video) - Robert C. Lang 03:00:57 12/30/04 (21)

You can not post to an archived thread.