Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Thanks for the offer to copy ...

I read your linked article, which was very interesting and well presented. I had not ever heard of this problem. It's definitely not a problem for our player. I simply cannot imagine designing a circuit that didn't have some "headroom". (I normally shoot for 100% "headroom" so that the circuit can handle at least twice the signal level normally present.)

I was surprised to see that *any *players had a problem with the (admittedly unusual) test signal. But there you go...

In any event, there won't be any problems like this with the Ayre IBE disc. All of the noise tracks were recorded well below 0 dBFS. The software was Cool Edit Pro (I think that's what it's called), which was subsequently purchased by Adobe and renamed "Audition".

There was a specific reason for dithering the signals. It seems to be successful, as there are many postings on the Audio Asylum that state that the Ayre IBE produces better results than other similar (and typically more expensive) discs.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Thanks for the offer to copy ... - Charles Hansen 15:43:19 12/28/04 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.