Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

problem with Janos Starker MLP SACD (on Denon 5900)

well, when I first got it a couple of weeks ago, multi-channel (3 channel) worked fine.
Tonight, "loading" takes forever or locks up the unit for some time, during which I can't even get the disc out.
When and if it finally can read, multi-channel shows only 8 of 24 tracks, it only shows "L" and "R" channels available, the counter does not move off "0:00" and the last track(s) skip massively. Stereo SACD shows 24 tracks but skips with later tracks, CD layer ok. This is with both discs and after cleaning. No obvious surface problems.

I've read numerous problems with the discs (again, it did work once with the 1st disc and 1st two tracks) and the Denon 5900 here and at AVSforum. I'm unsure how to proceed as a consequence. Our only other SACD (Anreas Staier, Mozart Sonates, Harmonia Mundi , HMC 801815) is fine in all ways. DVD-Audio also.

thanks for your help,
dazed and confused,
Dr Dave.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - problem with Janos Starker MLP SACD (on Denon 5900) - suburbanDK 15:53:59 12/26/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.