Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Fantasy SACDs are overpriced at Tower Records

I'm sorry to hear you could not talk them into the 25% discount. Maybe I pressured them into something non-standard.

The Fantasy SACDs are either $21.99 or $19.99 at Tower - way too much. CD Universe charge $16.89 on-line; and Media Play price these at $17.99, if I recall correctly. When the previous batch came out, CD Universe had them on special for $13.99. I don't think they ran a special on the latest Batch.

I bought a couple today - e.g. Benny Carter; came out at $16.49 with the discount (plus sales tax, of course). I could handle that, although it wasn't great. I had quite a few initially, but put many of them back. I only bought ones that were stickered at $19.99 as I figure I can do just as well elsewhere. I'm hoping these appear at Fry's.

You can probably get "Big Fun" (double SACD) on-line at the Sony Store with the AMEX discount for $15 or so.

The Mercs are cheaper at Streetlights - $16.99 - than at Tower - $18.99. And they often hand out $2 discounts, so I bought a couple at $14.99 a couple of weeks back. At Tower today I bought the Hanson at $14.24 before tax.

So basically Tower are expensive and you need the full 25% discount to bring the prices to a competitive level. The only thing about Tower is - they have a good selection.

By the way, you say 6% sales tax, which is the CA state rate. But there should be an additional County tax on top. We pay around 8.75% total sales tax in the counties around here. What's the total sales tax you pay?

Regards,
Geoff

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.