Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

The black marker on the disc routine did wonders for Can-Ege Bamyasi

Occasionally my buddy will bring over a disc we have in both our collections, but he treats all his with a black marker. Each time I think I hear an improvement in the treated version but this time it was unmistakable, on Ege Bamyasi. The vocals, guitar, drums, keyboards were all markedly improved. It was tougher to hear an improvement in the bass performance but I believe it was throughout the dynamic range. And it was not subtle in the treble and midrange--it was as if I had upgraded a component. Whether this will prompt me to shed my outer skin of laziness and treat all my discs remains to be seen. But based on what I heard today, I definitely should.

Tunenut and others, thanks for recommending Can, by the way. I got Tago Mago and Ege Bamyasi and enjoyed them both. I played them for my buddy and he picked up those two along with Monster Movie, which he brought over today and I heard for the first time. It was great. I may just order that and Soundtrack. They're a unique band from my favorite era of rock music.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - The black marker on the disc routine did wonders for Can-Ege Bamyasi - Jazz Inmate 16:39:53 12/25/04 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.