Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Absolutely none on mine or the one I bought my friend. (nt)

Thanks for confirming. IMO it is definitely not the hall 's "sound" as it is a narrow-band buzz and not a wide-band hum.

Apparently, my system (or my hearing) is blessed/cursed with too much resolution in that part of the spectrum. (BTW it is in all 5 channels). I find the buzz quite annoying especially since it appears right when Berlioz wants me to hear the silence of death.

I am not a stickler for noise. I am a classical music recording engineer and I collect master and master dub tapes and can live happily with even the most pronounced tape hiss. Ditto for vinyl surface noise. Your mind learns how to filter it. The buzz here is a bit different, at least for me.

As a fan of the Berlioz requiem, I was delighted when Telarc released Spano's on SACD. This has not spoiled my enjoyment of the recording but has put a dent in my hope that this would be a flawless SACD.

I apologize in advance if my detecting this apparent flaw has marred anyone's enjoyment of this outstanding performance.

I do hope, however, that someone from Telarc could shed some light on this.

AV

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.