Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Wow.... that was a really nice post........

"to neither praise nor damn something I haven't heard"

I think that we all would do better to keep that thought in mind more often...

The debate: (what does it take for SOTA redbook to equal SACD performance and at what level is SACD playback surpassed, - if at all by SOTA redbook), - is very interesting to me.

Necessarily, - there's going to be a big subjective, "as I hear it" qualification.

I really, really, like and have heard the Audio Aero Capitole II, with tweaks, at length, - and have "felt" that that system would better at least some SACD players. I get the feeling that no $1K or $2-$3K Universal player is going to play any format as good as the AA's redbook. But I haven't performed a shoot out either. (I also have heard DRAMATIC differences between certain player's SACD and redbook sections, - in which I sometimes suspect that the redbook section is purposely under-engineered in order to make the SACD section sound better: but I'm willing to admit that that could be paranoia on my part). I also need to remember that the CD is recorded in SACD, and those are not all created equal.

Wouldn't it be fun to compare some SOTA redbook with a crop of $3K - $4K SACD players, a maybe a $10K SOTA SACD too?

is this the real me, or a mere facsimile?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.