Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I agree. But I don't think it'll be a "disc"...

A solid-state plug-in would be more my guess...no moving parts, no "transport" complexities etc. Shoot, the only reason I think it won't be a "download" is that folks want documentation (liner notes, photos etc.), along with the collection/library element. Now, I've got a TON of 'em -- and they will constitute the backbone of my music appreciation at home for my lifetime -- but the future for rotating discs is grim. And that's just the "supply" side. This gets especially complicated when the "demand" side of things comes into play. MP3's and internet downloads have created a paradigm shift for the enjoyment of music in the "emerging generations". Young folks are less likely to take on the habit of purchasing and caring about a "home music collection" the way many of us did in the past.

Just my opinion, but in the not-too-distant-future the definition for a "successful format" may become "no format at all".

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.