I've always thought the cymbal work on this recording to be very bright on CD and even on Classic Record's 24/96 DAD release.
I recently acquired an original Stereo Blue Note LP, and the difference in the cymbals is very apparent. The original release sounds much more natural.
I will not be playing this rather scarce LP very often. That's why I was considering the SACD for regular listening.
Any inmates that have heard the SACD release, can you please comment on the sound?
Thanks in advance!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - New John Coltrane's Blue Train On SACD Worth Getting? - crooner 22:38:59 12/26/03 (17)
- The MFSL CD has better remastering - Nefertiti 06:32:16 12/28/03 (0)
- I Was (gladly) Surprised To See The Harsh Highs Dissapear On The Original LP - crooner 20:55:45 12/27/03 (0)
- Re: it sounds bad.............. - Croc 12:24:07 12/27/03 (1)
- I have the DAD version... - Audio Pharaoh 13:36:39 12/27/03 (0)
- Where is the 24/96 DAD available? - agentalbert 08:23:32 12/27/03 (2)
- Re: Where is the 24/96 DAD available? - Zl 10:12:47 12/27/03 (0)
- Re: Where is the 24/96 DAD available? - HighEndWire 09:01:29 12/27/03 (0)
- SACD Worth Getting - hifitommy 07:42:12 12/27/03 (4)
- Ok Sorry For Not Posting My System Info... - crooner 21:05:28 12/27/03 (2)
- we're ALL still working on our systems - hifitommy 08:36:16 12/28/03 (0)
- addendum on my system - DVD hardware - crooner 23:21:08 12/27/03 (0)
- I Got My DAD for $10 Used At A Wherehouse Record Store Clearance... - crooner 20:58:19 12/27/03 (0)
- No. The DAD is infinitely better, plus... - 9fold 05:24:05 12/27/03 (4)
- Interesting... - whackamus 12:33:16 12/27/03 (0)
- Re: No. The DAD is infinitely better, plus... - agentalbert 11:45:43 12/27/03 (1)
- I have the stereo LP, and prefer it to the DAD. - Jim Pearce 12:05:09 12/29/03 (0)
- Agreed. SACD: irritable top end and cracks. DAD is the winner among digital Bluetrains. NT - Zl 10:36:48 12/27/03 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.