Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: agreed that the SACD1000 is the superior player

Larry,

I took the mods a little further than the Signature Truth mods listed on Dan's website. Also, the $5K includes the the actual player, power cable, and power supply (might be part of the misunderstanding).

In addition to the highest level upgrade from modWright, there is installed a Superclock II, Superclock II PS, and multiple +5V power regulators. Additional caps were replaced with some larger BG's - the additional parts and labor considerably increased the cost of the mods. I'm not sure if you chose to have the DAC's paralleled for 2ch only analog operation, but I also went through with that.

I'm surprised by your comment of preferring the AN 2.1, but there might be multiple explanations to this (in addition to personal preference). I've played with the transformer coupled AN3.1, and while I enjoyed the sound I felt as though I was missing the final bit of detail at the expense of a softer sound. I've only used my SACD-1000 with a BPT JR MK II, which improved the sound of the player in every capacity.

Kind Regards,

Rup

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: agreed that the SACD1000 is the superior player - rkapadia 11:08:58 10/03/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.