Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Peter Gabriel in Europe: be careful where you shop

Today I pre-ordered 3 Peter Gabriel SACD's with amazon.fr: PG 1, PG 4 and Passion. I have not followed Peter Gabriel's solo career over the years so this series of SACD's was a good opportunity to re-acquaint myself. I listened to available clips and looked through some reviews (allmusic.com) and the above selection seemed the most interesting to me. And at 12,75E per disc with free shipping it also was a good deal.

In fact, it seemed an unusually good deal so I did a quick survey revealing that in Europe the prices for these discs vary wildly. Let's set the bar: if you are in Europe (or anywhere else for that matter) you can get a (single layer) Peter Gabriel SACD for 17 Euro's (about 27 Can dollars) from dvdboxoffice.com - that includes shipping.

In France alapage.com charges the unaware 30 Euro's each for the same discs that I ordered, ex shipping! In Germany amazon.de lists them for 14.99E and in Norway they are advertised for 189 Krone or 24Euro's at cdon.com. Bol.nl in Holland charges 23,99 E and in the UK amazon charges 15,99 UK Pounds or 23Euro's, whilst Tower Records (UK) has them for 9.37 Pnds or 13,50 Euro's.

Make sure you beat the system and vote with your wallet, that's all I can say.

Jw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Peter Gabriel in Europe: be careful where you shop - Joel_Waterman 13:55:30 05/01/03 (7)

You can not post to an archived thread.