Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

In-car hybrids . . .

It would far cheaper and more practical for both the end-user and the manufacturer, instead of making dual-layer SACD-CD (or DVDA-CD for that matter) hybrids, rather to simply issue a standalone redbook disk, in the same case, along with the hirez/multichannel version.

This way:-
(a) There would be no need for complex, costly, and production bottleneck-prone dedicated presses for error-prone dual-layer hybrids;

(b) And the end-user could keep the CD version stored in his in-car multi-CD-changer to listen to while on the move, (or in his boom-box changer for workouts in gym etc.);

(c) The retailer would just be able to stock them all in the music-aisle.

C’mon guys, how many of you really like to risk losing or damaging your music discs by taking stacks of them into / out of the house / car every time you undertake or complete a car journey?)

e.g. I have Hotel California on el-cheapo redbook CD (bought for only about £5) in the car CD-changer, while at home my prized DVD-A version is safely stacked next to my Denon DVD-3800 setup. That way, they never get lost or damaged, and they are always exactly where I want them, whenever I need them.

As for in-car music in general, don't most people now listen-out for (a) their mobile phones; or (b) radio traffic alerts; these days, instead of listening to music, while seated in their vehicles?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.