Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I also had both DVD-Audio and SACD, and basically agree but I found

the DVD-Audio to be very good just not as realistic SACD. And I find SACD so addictive (like Live music is addictive not like LSD Chris) that DVD-Audio just couldn't take me to the musical heights that SACD can. So I sold my DVD-Audio player and my DVD-Audios (I had 70 DVD-Audios and 24/96 DADs). I now have 1 CD it's my Reference Recording / XLO Test and burn-in CD (for weekly demagnetizing of my SACD player) and 1 24/96 DAD Lorna Hunt: All in One Day, everything else is SACDs (I have almost 300) and Video DVDs (39).

Well made DVD-Audio can sound quite good and even realistic, poor ones do suffer from "digititus".

Well made SACDs sound like being in the presence of the actual performers and your gets real goose bumps from the THRILL of it all. Poor SACDs do not sound Digital but sound like poor pure analog LPs minus the surface noise. There is nothing about SACD that sounds Digital, if Sony had told me this was a PURE ANALOG format, I would have believed them. SACD is that good!

Happy Listening,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.