Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Stones not the only focus!

I love jazz as well as rock (though I'm talking about REAL jazz from the 50s, 60s, very early 70s, including some fusion stuff. Not the current "smooth" crap that poses as jazz. I'm talking about Davis, Coltrane, Coleman, Rollins, Dolphy, Harris, Hubbard, Sharrock, 60s era Herbie Mann, Cecil Taylor, Archie Shepp, the list goes on....) But I do have a lot of this stuff on vinyl now. However, if there is an SACD from an original analog master, then maybe I could be tempted (the problem with SACD reissues is that you sometimes don't know if it's from the original masters or a PCM (ugh) digital copy. In such a case, a vinyl original pressing would smoke the SACD, I would guess)

So, if I were only to get the CE775, I would probably need to spend some bucks to get a decent cd rig, right? Because I'll bet that cheap CE775 sounds like doo-doo on Redbook. Better a used Planet 2000 or Heart 6000 or Perp. Tech. DAC than that!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.