Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: There was a lot of electricity in the air today, just look at this forum's posts...

>> Was not a personal attack against Nicholas, but attack against his silly, provocative idea. <<

if you do not see the problem inherent in supporting an audible watermark technology for digital audio, nor funding a format battle by buying into both hi rez formats, that's your trip. I agree with Nicholas--his idea makes a lot of sense to me. There is no reason in the world why we need two high rez formats, especially when one has already fallen so far below the other in its development and implementation.

>> I think DVD-Audio deserves a fair opportunity to show up an audiophile-grade player and audiophile-grade software. <<

you don't seem to understand. The technology necessary to implement DVD-A has been readily available for many years. In any reasonable estimation, it has been given fair opportunity time and again and has never delivered, not as DAD, and not now. The watermarking and TV-screen fold-down menu nonsense have turned DVD-A into an audiophile's worst nightmare. How anyone could still be interested in this-- assuming they have a good knowledge of the development and implementation of DVD-A--is a total mystery to me and others on this forum...therefore, to those of you who continue to show interest, expect the rest of us to roll our eyes at you. The cat is out of the bag, both for DVD-A and SACD. It's not like there are any real mysteries to be solved or unknowns to be discovered.

We don't need two formats and we certainly don't need one with audible watermarking, mickey mouse mix-down features, on-screen menus and gestapo tactics about what their artists can and cannot produce. Case in point: the Joni Mitchell album Both Sides Now was produced by a fellow for both SACD and DVD-A. He is on record saying the SACD version sounds superior, but Warner will only release it on DVD-A. What consumer in his right mind would then go out and buy the DVD-A? If Ralph Nader was an audiophile, this is the type of thing that would keep him up nights.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.