The SanDisk ZipClip is a portable DAP (Digital Audio Player) similar in size and function to the Apple Nano (although I've never owned a Nano, so take the comparison in that light).
My overall impression is that the ZipClip with 4GB at $49 is a great bang-for-the-buck device. The greatest features to my mind are: price, sound quality, portability, 32GB microSD storage, and ability to play flac files.
For $49 you get the device and a set of ear buds with foam covering. The device itself appears relatively well constructed. It has a color screen about the size of a stamp, on-off control, volume controls, and a four-way navigation button.
In regards to sound it does a great job for my application of listening to music while I walk. It doesn't equal the sound from my HiFiMan HM-601 + Etymotic ER-4s combination, but then the ZipClip is less than one-tenth the price of that combo. The ear buds provide a good experience, that could probably be improved with higher quality phones. While good sounding, the supplied phones appear a bit fragile. Too fragile if you choose to exercise with them through strenuous conditions
Portability is terrific. About the size of a book of matches and as its name implies it clips easily to a most any piece of clothing.
The 32GB microSD capability is a useful option. That should allow me as much storage as I need for the device's intended purpose.
The ZipClip plays various types of MP3 files. I play flac files on it with good success. Also with flac files I don't have to venture into Apple world.
So a nice bang-for-the-buck device. I've been pleasantly surprised.
Oh, forgot to mention it also has FM radio capabilities. However, as of yet I haven't tried it.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - SanDisk ZipClip -- First Impressions - Audio Snob 12:50:10 03/16/12 (7)
- I have a Clip+...good little player.... - olddude55 16:37:34 03/22/12 (0)
- RE: SanDisk ZipClip -- First Impressions - Capt. Z 12:14:12 03/20/12 (0)
- wardsback - Joe Murphy Jr 12:41:18 03/18/12 (0)
- RE: SanDisk ZipClip -- First Impressions - boboli 08:45:08 03/18/12 (0)
- I have the original Clip - kh6idf 17:32:54 03/17/12 (0)
- What does it sound like with the Etymotic ER-4s plugged in? - Ivan303 04:50:06 03/17/12 (1)
- RE: What does it sound like with the Etymotic ER-4s plugged in? - Audio Snob 06:17:04 03/17/12 (0)