Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: How many have replaced systems with headphone systems?

I was sort of headed that way. Have not really listened to my Cary /Merlin/ Rega system for several years. Got interested a couple of years ago and retuned the Cary V 12 with Gold Lion's best. Started off listening to headphones with Schiit Lyr and Bifrost Uber. Moved on to Yiggy and Ragg fed by Oppo 83 . Added a Vali 2 and Modi Multibit for computer system and then started upgrading wires. Bought a Richard Gray 400 Pro for Yiggy system and fed it with TG Audio SLVR power cords except Ragg which has a 688 per Frank. Bought a Wywires Platinum coax to connect the Oppo and Yiggy and a Wywires Platinum balanced IC to connect Yiggy and Ragg. Mostly use Mr. Speakers Ether C 1.1 and Ether Flow with Platinum headphone cables.
After enjoying the results of the Yiggy upgraded system, I decided to change the wires on my computer headphone system. Changed the Audioquest USB cable to a Wywires Platinum USB and the $20 Schiit IC to a Wywires Silver one. OMG it totally transformed that system. You no longer have to even listen carefully when testing new tubes in Vali 2. The sound changes are very discernible. and thats for a 68 year old duffer. I usually use AKG 702s, Fostex MassDrop and Seen HD 600s with this system
Well I have begun my revamping of my good old tube system I managed to buy two TG Audio Hi Purity ICs in the last few months to replace the Luminous ones and just received a used Running Springs Haley to replace the VanEvers. At some point I will think about upgrading my Rega P-25 and Shelter cart after I have had it checked out by my local AV shop.

Edits: 12/24/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: How many have replaced systems with headphone systems? - claud 05:22:47 12/24/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.