Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Headpnones/IEMs for Samsumg Galaxy S7

I have new Samsung Galaxy S7. One expected benefit is that it will play many audio formats , including FLAC compared to my old phone which was limited to MP3.

I have installed Poweramp but have concluded that the Samsung's amplifier is incapable of driving most of the headphones that I have tried with it including my Etymotics ( mc-5). It will, of course drive the earbuds that Samsung supply but they are tinny sounding crap.

I have been more or less succesful with a very expensive Sony IEM ( XBA- H3 on loan from a friend). However they are far too costly for my needs. Nevertheless I recall that Sony headphones tend to be quite low impedence and wonder if that extends to their IEMs and is why they aren't too bad in this compromised application.

My needs are not too demanding as I only listen to portable music very occasionally to while away the time waiting for a bus ( for example). So I don't think it worthwhile spending lots of money for such limited use.

Any suggestions for cheapish IEMs or on ear/over ear type portable cans that may suit the bill? NB: music choice is mainly classical.

Edits: 07/04/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Headpnones/IEMs for Samsumg Galaxy S7 - PAR 06:32:22 07/04/16 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.