Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

7 hours left on the Massdrop of a Grace Design HPA that is exclusive to Massdrop, $499 lowest price unlocked

My friend Jack Baruth's blog reported that today is the last day of a Massdrop of a headphone amp/DAC that, like many Massdrops, is a special product manufactured (for the present) exclusively for Massdrop.

I have not heard this product, but its previous Massdrop sold out and buyer feedback seems good.

The unit is a downsized and decontented smaller sibling to Grace's pro-quality m920, which has an MSRP of $1995, and the lowest Massdrop price is $499, and that is now on.

It does have single ended analog outs on RCA jacks and a TOSLINK S/PDIF in as well as USB input, and it can run on USB power only or a plug-in transformer. So, you could use it as a "stereo system with loudspeakers" DAC with volume control.

I have no experience with Massdrop, so I don't know what their terms and conditions are.

For the record, in that some people might regard my personal blog www.thetannhausergate.com as "journalism," post my departure from Stereophile, I provided advice and logistical support for Grace Design's exhibit room at RMAF, October 2015. They in turn included my S/PDIF cable in their demo system (the cable then was in prototype form), and they paid me a consulting fee. I had no involvement at all with their Massdrop-exclusive product. It looks cute, though, and I have a soft spot for Made in USA products.

There's about 7 hours left on the Massdrop; and at 208 units sold, they are not really hard up against the drop limit of 250.

So, there you have it.

John Marks

Edits: 03/11/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - 7 hours left on the Massdrop of a Grace Design HPA that is exclusive to Massdrop, $499 lowest price unlocked - John Marks 16:24:37 03/11/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.