Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: They are not the be-all and end-all for bass heads...

That is most kind of you to do that. I just want to make sure I don't get on the buying/selling merry-go-round in order to find the best headphones for me, so this is most welcome.

I'm kind of all over the place, but for rock I like Toto (their latest CD, XIV, is very bass heavy), Dream Theater, Seventh Key, and Winger. Another band that has mastered their CD's with tons of bass is Firehouse. For Jazz and Blues Larry Carlton, Robbin Ford, SRV, Bobby Lyle. Just doing comparisons on any tracks with those artists and letting me know the difference in bass would be great. I'm not a "boom box" type of bass guy, but I do like tight punchy bass, so here at home I like to feel it, which is why I have a 12" Velodyne sub in an 11x12 room. I also do not like metal dome tweeters, which is why the next to go are my B&W's. Will be looking to return to soft dome tweeters like I had for 20 years with my VMPS Tower IIr's.

Let me know if you have any ideas on music material as well, as I've got 4,000 Albums and 1200 CDs, so I'm sure we have some in common. :+)

Thanks again!!!

Al

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: They are not the be-all and end-all for bass heads... - livinghigh@bellsouth.net 13:49:14 12/16/15 (1)
    • OK... - EdAInWestOC 05:20:21 12/17/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.