Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: "Without this 'feature' in 'play' the HD800 is all the good 'hype' you've heard about them..."

Well ,I suppose just saying "using better equipment" was pretty vague & misleading.. It's more a matter of using them in a better placed system approached playback system.

It's the source components you use that make or break the quality of the music you listen to "better".Most people only think they know what the music they listen to (Good,Bad, or Indifferent) sounds like. There are source components that will allow you to hear "further" into what was recorded than others. There's really no "Secret" going on here ! It's way too late to try to find significant improvements at the amplification stage.

Now, the reason I've assigned these problems to what the "ring radiator" does to the sound,
is because I have removed these parts from my HD800. I don't listen to much of any music that isn't Acoustic (mostly Orchestal, other Classical, Singer Songwriter , a tiny bit of Acoustic Jazz) so I don't know how much of what I could hear through the stock HD800s bothered others, but I'm positive that what I'm hearing from them now is completely free of the mechanically generated ,frequency interrupting & imaging contouring artifacts post my "intervention". I'm not so sure that if you just cover the rings completely with corresponding rings cut from a sheet of dBNeutralizer damping material from Herbie's it might be enough to
defeat what the radiator is doing to the natural imaging, but I'd still want make sure the protective screen were'n't still connected to the metal ring.

I'm guessing there may be other people who don't like what the ring radiator can potentially
do,but I guess they're just not crazy enough to be vocal about it !

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "Without this 'feature' in 'play' the HD800 is all the good 'hype' you've heard about them..." - Old SteveA 13:21:48 10/23/15 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.