Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: OK, I think I get it...

There is a thread over on "H. fi" that starts with a prelude from Sennheiser with an Introductory title of "Redefining Excellence" that gave me a little chuckle when I read it !

Senn. has been in the Headphones business enough years to have the "Technical Chops" to make reliable products. In many cases when you use them with playback equipment that is equally tech advantaged (or more so), they can't help overstepping what they need to do,
because they're not "voiced" to sound neutral with this level of equipment. You really can't fault Sennheiser for doing this as the majority of anyone who listens to music feels that as long as you're using "good" speakers (or headphones) the rest of what you use will fall in linebehind them correctly. It's really just a case of Sennheiser deciding to act like your playback system's "Audio Godfather".

I think it's time to take a visit to "H.fi" to see how many ridiculous postings I find from posters who have more in common with the title "Clueless Supremus" than other silly titles someone on the site decided to give them. I'll make some friends for life if I suggest you can fix any headphones weaknesses by just using the most popular device over there a Tube Headphone Amp ...."Ooooo" (as Buggs would say "What maroons")

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.