Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Headphones the equal to Sennheiser HD-600

This is a very different point of view of most of posters here, but here goes anyway: I finally switched to Beyerdynamic DT880s after an adult lifetime of using Sennheiser headphones. The DT880s have been around since about 2003, almost as long as the HD600s, and both companies have since come out with far more expensive headphones, obviously.

The main reason for my switch was the greatly increased quality of digital audio in recent years. The Sennheiser signature sound was great for smoothing out harsh digital files while still giving very good detail for better ones, but I find the DT880s give slightly more detail for the classical and other mainly acoustic music I listen to, which is now all at least CD quality.

IMO there are now more expensive headphones that are clearly better than both the HD600 and the DT880. As better-than-CD quality high res becomes the digital norm, that additional expense may become worthwhile for me.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Headphones the equal to Sennheiser HD-600 - rbolaw 12:51:55 10/02/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.