Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Fostex T50RP headphone and YJ6N1 Tube/Mosfet latest upgrades - UPDATE.

I posted 2 years ago about the upgrades I did on the 6N1 Headphone Tube/Mosfet amp. I have been looking into and all tube headphone amps but I decided to do some more upgrades and mods to this little Tube/Mosfet headphone amp to see what it could really do sound wise.

Over the weekend I removed the RCA connectors and installed some Neutrik RCA connectors with VH audio OCC solid core wire. Then I bypassed the Elna Silmic II caps with the Duelund Alexander caps I had. These are 1uf caps (yes, large caps). I Then remove the little .1Uf bypass caps it came with and installed some better quality film caps.

All I can say after almost 2 days of break-in is that this little Tube/mosfet amp is sounding way more nicer with detail and depth I never heard from this headphone amp before. Next I will change out the Pot with a better quality POT or stepped attenuator.

I also finish the new cable for my Fostex T50RP headphone. I use Mogami quad wire and Neutrik connectors. This last upgrade on the headphones in addition to the mods I already done (Sony ear pads and partial blocking the vents on the lower half of the headphones) has really raise the sound quality another level or two. I'm hearing things I have never heard before.

I'm really pleased with this and will try the POT upgrade soon if at all.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - Fostex T50RP headphone and YJ6N1 Tube/Mosfet latest upgrades - UPDATE. - Cougar 18:15:24 09/21/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.