Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Audio-Technica ATH-M40x vs Grado SR80i anyone compare these? or another Grado of similar price?

I just bought the Audio-Technica ATH-M40x and really love them and may keep them as they have terrific detail and tone (with a bit of excessive bass but I like that too) however they are a bit small so the comfort level is down compared to the Sennheiser 449 I just bought as well.

I am thinking about trying some Grado's which are supposed to be vibrant (and if they were a bit more forward than the AT I would be fine with that) as long as the bass and total volume could compete.

From what I have read the Grado may be up my alley do you agree?

I know I can try the Grado out for free from Amazon but I am already returning the Sennheisers and do not want to abuse Amazon too much. Silly of me? I dunno...

fwiw I liked the 449 very much but it is a bit soft for my taste with rolled of highs and very light bass, they excell in the upper mids which is a beautiful thing but I want the rest too and they do not get very loud at all.

Also how accurate is the InnerFidelity website? Do you guys agree?

best,

Phil

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Audio-Technica ATH-M40x vs Grado SR80i anyone compare these? or another Grado of similar price? - PhilJ 08:32:18 09/05/15 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.