Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Here ya go.

John,

Thanks for your review, to say may interest is these headphones is only slight "peaked" would be a serious understatement ! I have a "Oh, no he didn't" story that ties into this !

I've been pretty happy with my "Reconstructed"(I honestly can't really just call them "modded"; It doesn't accurately describe all that I've done to them ) Sennheiser HD800s,but I absent mindedly pulled the right headphone cable , which I'd straight wired directly to the driver ,out ! Deconstructing these phones yet again is proving to be harder to do,this time around than I would have hoped it to be as the 4 screws holding the driver in place also hold the earcup basket to the frame & is covering my access to where I need to get to re-solder the cable back to the driver, are not cooperating with me !

I suppose I'll have to brainstorm this situation a bit more, but luckily I have a pair of Hifiman HE-6 that I can put back in use . These are great sounding headphones with a "built insomeone's basement" set of Ergonomics . I can't seem to get past how uncomfortable they
become after listening with them for a short period of an hour or so. My neck starts screaming at me after 40mins. or so !

Your comments & much of what Dale Thorn had to say about the Nighthawks have me very
interested in these phones. Oh, well let me see if I can make some progress on the HD800
, so my neck will thank me!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.