Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Best headphone set up?

Suggestions for the best high end head phone set up for listening at home. Budget around $5,000 for phones and headphone amp. After attending the Axpona show in Chicago and listening to a around 30 set ups I am leaning toward the Audeze LCD3 with a Woo WA22 tube amp. I will run that through the tape out of my Spectral 20 Preamp so that I can listen to vinyl as well as feeding directly from my Sony ES5400 SACD player. My main objection is that the phones are heavy and do not have the deep bass I am used to (infinity RS1Bs) and also lacking some dynamics. Would have liked to have been able to audition some in the ear buds but not easy to do and have been told not as satisfactory as larger open type headphones. Listened to a Welle headphone amplifier that was $7,000 at the show but over my budget. Sounded great though. Is balanced worth the expense? My system is not balanced at this time so only the SACD would be fully balanced. The vinyl would come from the non balanced Spectral 20.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Best headphone set up? - ruxtonvet 15:37:07 05/13/15 (22)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.