Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Momentum or Momentum 2

Good observation. I paid pretty much full price ($349) on the Sennheiser Momentum 2 when they first appeared on Amazon. They'll probably drop in price once all the original Momentums are purged from various sales channels.

I never owned the original Momentums but the Momentum 2 fit me perfectly and I have average sized ears. The cans may be bigger than the original Momentum but they're still a close fit. Big ears might still be a problem with these headphones. Being a closed design they sound 'immediate' with deep rich bass and they keep ambient noise out. I wear them in my home office if my wife has the TV blasting in the family room or if she decides to vacuum the house. My ears get a bit warm with extended listening so I have to take them off for a 'breather' now and then.

On the other hand the open back Grados sound more 'spacious' and transparent to me, less bass, and my ears never get warm because the open back and foam ear pads keep the air circulating. But they do not block ambient noise.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.