Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

How do you try LOW-end headphones w/o a retail store?

I'm having the same problem right now with $100-$200 headphones. Picked up a pair of AKG Y50 from Crutchfield that i'll be returning (60 day satisfaction). They're uncomfortable after a while. Listening to a pair of V-Moda XS right now. Sound better than the AKG, a longer fit, but also pinch the ears a bit after a while. Not sure if I'll keep these either. The difference between headphones and other parts of a system is not only do they need to sound good to you, they need to FIT. I'd hate to make those decisions on headphones 2-4x the price of mine. Not sure if high-end dealers have return policies like Amazon or Crutchfield or others. I'd be willing to drop more money if I KNEW they would be exactly what I'm looking for.

I was at a local high-end dealer recently and tried their Grado headphones. I went from one to the next, right up the line and saw little difference regardless of cost, and really did NOT like the sound of any of them. They just seemed lifeless to me and thin. LOVE my Grado cartridge though :-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.