Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Comparison...

Fortunately I was able to keep my Alpha Dogs which I love. There is a trial upgrade program, for 30 sets and it's full. Latest update is that those drivers which had already been modified to make AD's are having problems with the further mods to go to AP's. I don't know how much the upgrade will cost if continued.

The AD's are excellent, rich and full with great bass, excellent midrange, and good treble. I find them a great addition to my stable of Grado's, RS1i, PS500 and PS1000, Denon 7000, HiFiMan HE500, and other lesser models.
I was expecting that the AD's would be my last purchase.

The AP's offer more air which equals soundstage. When I heard them at RMAF I considered them very similar to STAX SR-009's but with stronger bass which I like. Not real heavy but just a little more slam...
Dan (Mr. Speakers) drives them with a Cavalli Liquid Glass amp and a Lyr and a Burson which I did not audition. I use my Van Alstine Transcendance
8+ preamp and it sounds great. If you want to get into the STAX/ABYSS
neighborhood you will get extra detail and definition, bringing you closer
to a live experience... for $1000!
I am simply a fan, not affiliated with Mr. Speakers other than being a happy customer.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Comparison... - Douger 19:11:02 11/24/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.