Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Discussion of Altmann Tera DAP

My regards to all here, and apologies for leaving things hanging for a while. I'm traveling rarely subservient to the computer. ONE MORE GOOD REASON TO LOVE TERA!!!!!

I feel Tera was killed on HeadFi due a post I made the day it was terminated. I apologize and deeply regret the fact that members of an exclusive club of owners now suffer such an indignity. I also sympathize with all of those who now need a great forum to share user experiences and so forth.

Without overdoing my limited typing skills or computer impatience, I would like to recount what happened and then all of you scratch your heads... it does not actually clarify much, but here goes...

I found it possible to pay a personal visit to Charles the day before the post. I had met him before when I picked up my Tera personally. I realize this is such a small product in the grand scheme of things, but really It does amaze me that this inventor and engineer has made what remains arguably the reference standard for portable sound quality. I have not mentioned my having met Charles to many members of our community, but I now feel it important to reveal that he is , in fact accessible and quite ready to enjoy music, beer, and ouzo all in substantial quantity.

How intriguing it is to me that a one man operation could achieve this! And then curiosity led me to know more about such an operation, so I was just looking for an excuse to visit!
Just to answer the obvious I will say in advance that workshop Tera is every bit the product of a creative mind, and that I felt like I was on the set of some "back to the future 5" movie set!

Having deliberated the benefits of rebuilding the Rolls Royce transmission as opposed to converting it to electric power, I had the opportunity to help move those tranny parts out from under the jacked up Rolls and take them to the garage. Yep, there's a Rolls up in the air at Charles ' place, and it looks surprisingly normal once you have adjusted to the vibe.

None of this was recounted at HeadFi. Since my post was deleted, I can only recollect saying that Charles was still producing, but rather dismayed by the focus on consumer features over ultimate sound quality. I believe I said something to this effect, but the primary focus was just to say that I had personally spent time talking to Charles. My intention was to gauge interest before I wore my fingertips off typing.

Well, the interest was interesting indeed! Within hours the post was deleted, and a few hours later the entire thread shut down. I'm gathering on this thread that now the entire history has been erased.

Without defending any party, I will say that the HeadFi administrator courteously informed me that he had endured much unseen / edited pain from various people and felt the need to seek shelter. The reality is that this is something we have to take on face value.

I did not sense that I had personally offended anyone at HeadFi, but that simply stoking interest in Tera was objectionable, and really I just don't know how anyone interested in Audio equipment wouldn't find the Tera phenomenon to be pertinent and belonging on that forum?

I apologize in advance if I cannot be a prolific forum poster. I'm in Brazil for the night and now theres a band playing at OMalleys in Sao Paulo tonight. Priorities, you know...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.