Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Pro's/Con's HIFMAN HE500 vs. Sennheiser HD650

Hi,

Not retiring any time soon, but same here Nightowl vs. Early Bird.

I have my office on the opposite side of the flat, I have several Headphones there and even a pair of Mini Monitors.

HiFiman are an acquired taste, too dark sounding for my ears. They are heavy and you really need to try them for at least 30min to 1Hour to see if you are comfortable. I am not. Audeze LCD-2 sound better and are more comfortable (but still WAY too heavy for my taste) but are truly budget busting.

On the other hand I use a pair of Electrostatics at home (with Amp way more than double your budget, sorry) which are very light and comfortable, I can wear these for hours. These get 90% of the listening via headphone in the office (I rather listen to speakers quiet-like though).

If you want to listen while in the same bed, I think only IEM's really work, I personally hate these even more than headphones. But you can get semi-affordable units with decent fit.

Best thing is to go to a Headphone focused Meeting or Show and listen and try.

Thor

At 20 bits, you are on the verge of dynamic range covering fly-farts-at-20-feet to intolerable pain. Really, what more could we need?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.