Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Has anyone here been disappointed by "flagship" headphones?

can i ask which headphones you have / use ???

I do not own the hd-800 nor the lcd-2, and there are apparently no vendors locally to audition either as the manufacturers never responded to my inquiry about local vendors.

Almost without doubt, every review from users on the lcd 2 i read great bass, with slightly recessed treble

almost without doubt the reviews from HD-800 users I read extended, great soundstage, light on bass

By those 2 statements alone would serve to confirm your impressions, and they are the reasons i wont buy either without an audition

My current system is Schiit Bifrost Uber, connected to a single end pentode el84 amp, using Senn. HD-650

The 650 has a reputation as veiled with heavy bass, I dont hear that infact quite the opposite I would argue they depend on quality gear to shine and show there true potential

This is a link to my amp, I find it superbly musical, with great detail and clarity. It made the Biggest difference in sound, The dac just sort of cleaned everything up, while adding a touch of analog.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.