Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: ?

Joe,

Glad that we're on the same page. (Attempts at humor are at best "hit or miss" on the
"Information Super Hwy"; You'd "a thunk" I'd know by now")

So, it was an EL84 based amp ,huh ? I had a Opera Consonance tube headphone amp
that I believed used EL84s , I liked it . I'm currently "waffling" between 2 HP amps that
have, a Fosgate Signature (tube) & a Burson Soloist(SS). Both of these amps do the "Dead
Silent" parameter w/ the phones I use with them.(Senn HD800 & Hifiman HE-6)

I'm currently leaning toward the Burson as it seems to have a bit more coherence through
entire frequence from bottom all the way through to the top. I listen to only acoustic
based music (orchestral,chamber,some jazz & some singer/songwriter , non studio based
recordings. I don't know if the Burson (or any SS) could sound this good without an extremely clean supply of power feeding all sources up to & through the amp. It's my
belief that my Equi=Tech 1.5Q BPT may be responsible for 70% of SQ I'm able to get from
music system at any given time..

It has not been my experience that the Inefficient HE-6s have been that hard to drive on either the Burson or Fosgate amps. Maybe it has something to do with whether you are listening to wide dynamics uncompressed music on a regular basis. I don't know .

Besides thinking that most "popular" music just is'nt that interesting, the general "production"
values are quite below what I think would sound barely acceptable. (Or is it because the production values are so low it's not that interesting ?)

I still can't decide which I find less useful , music award programs or movie critic reviews (He says after bending people's ears about his opinions about equipment) (At least I can't see
who's laughing at me)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: ? - Old SteveA 09:49:29 02/23/14 (2)
    • RE: ? - joessportster 10:23:06 02/23/14 (1)
      • RE: ? - joessportster 16:12:57 02/24/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.